Thursday 16 February 2012

Virtual Rock Block

Listening to Planet Rock's rock block segment, and  someone out there has similar tastes to me-just heard Whitesnake's "Here I go again", Alice Cooper's "Poison" and Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell", songs I would be tempted to put on my own Rock block list. I've been tempted to register with Planet Rock, but really am loathe nowadays to share my personal information so any Rock Block of mine must be a paper one, well here I go:-

  • Start:-Focus-Sylvia (3:32)
  • Journey-Wheel in the Sky (4:12)
  • The Eagles-Take it easy (3:30)
  • Heart-Alone (3:39)
  • Guns and Roses-November Rain (8:57)
  • Fleetwood Mac-Go your own way (3.36)
  • Patti Smyth and Don Henley-Sometimes love just ain't enough (4:28)
  • Aerosmith-I don't want to miss a Thing (4:56)
  • Led Zeppelin-The Battle of Evermore (5:52)
  • Queen-Who wants to live Forever (5:15)
  • End:-Mark Knopfler-Going Home (4:55)
Not quite an hour, but I guess they need to have some room for adverts. Reminds me a lot of what I used to do when making mix tapes, a bit of a narrative in my choice I think. Seeing a rock opera in my head. ( Carefree knight errant meets dutiful sorceress, alone because of her responsibilities, they fall in love but the realtionship is tempetuous and they split. The big bad turns up and they unite to defeat it, but she is slain, and he alone must wander again less carefree but with the memory of what he had in his heart.)

A bit too soft rock for the tastes of some I guess.

Edit:made a playlist on youtube  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFC601E919D67A089&feature=mh_lolz needs some tweaking, need a twelfth song for a start, and some of the songs don't really mesh.

No comments: